Wednesday 13 December 2017

WINTER, CHRISTMAS PREP', SANTA LUCIA ... AND SOME CANDLES TO BLOW


Winter is here, and we had snow, already !

Today, 13rh December,  is also Santa Lucia Day

and, traditionally in our Italian family,
we celebrate the return of the light
(1 more minute of day light, and way to go),
starting the baking for Christmas,
as my mother-in-law taught me years ago



I can't tell you that heavenly smell in the house !

***
Yesterday was devoted to Christmas décorations





and I managed to complete this wall-hanging,
started last year...

***

Tomorrow will be a little special,
as I'll be turning 66 (I just can't believe it)
YAY !

Yes, I'm a winter girl, and I LOVE it  
:))

("Winter Dance")

ENJOY THE SEASON MY FRIENDS !

4 comments:

  1. Dan wens ik je alvast een hele fijne verjaardag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine,lots of yummy baking and i love your Christmas decorating,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Lovely decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Nadine! I'm baking here also :)

    ReplyDelete