Wednesday 2 August 2017

GLITTERS + A NEW PROJECT... AND A VERY PRECIOUS GIFT

Jen Kingwell and her wonderful GLITTERS quilt
has made me pondering for quite some time...
Would I ?  Should I ?
and, most of all, COULD I ??
The pattern didn't look so easy,
and yet it was so much apppealing to me !

OK, let's have a try ...

I made one... hmmm not bad

then a second one...

then a third one,

Happy dance !
It's definitely part of my working projects.
(164 more blocks to go)
I just LOVE those jewel tones
:D

The new slow project in view is
"THE STONEFIELDS"
quilt, designed by Susan Smith


I've just got the pattern 2 days ago,
and have now started sorting out my fabrics


I'd like to give it a very soft and vintage feel,
Time will tell ...
:D

Last but not least, I've been treated
with a very precious gift !
I've been part of a small quilting Bee
for more than 20 years now, and Simone
is the eldest member.
She's 81 now, and she told me everything
about quilting and handpiecing
She's very dear to me.
Unfortunately Simone is getting big eyesight issues,
and she's not able to handquilt anylonger.
So she decided to give me...


this gorgeous hexagons quilt top !
I was very moved with such a special treat,
and I promised her that I would handquilt it
this coming winter and that I would always treasure it.

THANK YOU my sweet Simone !


2 comments:

  1. You have such wonderful projects to work on! That hexagon gift is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often, so it is wonderful to see what you are up to these days. Happy piecing. That pattern looks a bit difficult but you seem to have mastered it.

    ReplyDelete