Wednesday 15 November 2017

STRONG COLORS ... GOOD PROGRESS

With winter at our doors,
I'm beginning to see the green light
with my Pyramids quilt


I could only picture it from Inside, on my working table,
as the weather here is quite grey and rainy
but you get the idea...


7 rows, out of 12, are now sewn together,
and the 5 remaining ones are on the way...
Crossing my fngers this quilt will be
ready for handquilting by end of next week,
so that I can give it to my daughter for Xmas !

With this quilt, I think I'm "cured" from
strong colors for quite a long time, 
and I can't wait getting back to the Stonefields,
as well as starting the sweet baby quilt...

Yet, all in all, I'm pleased with the result.
(DH says it looks like glittering, multicolored Xmas trees)



I'm also finishing a cute crochet baby blanket,
but I can't show it now, as it's a surprise.

ENJOY YOUR SEWING, MY FRIENDS !
***

PS
I found my portable side-project
for the year(s) to come ,
with Supergoof "Hartjes" Template (so cute !)


(I would so much LOVE using 1930's repro fabrics to make it...
sadly I can't find those in my little corner,
and ordering these through the Web would cost me the double with shipping...
Well, no problem, I'll make do  :D  )




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This will be a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine,wow I love your snowman cross stitch,your pyramid blocks look fantastic,great work my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine, geef mij je adres ik heb nog jaren 30 stoffen. Ook nog feedsacks, te leuk als die in jou quilt mogen komen! Dapper om de piramide quilt nog voor kerst gequilt te willen hebben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowman cross stitch.
    This Pyramid quilt for your daughter is wonderful!
    I wish you great speed to finish it up in time.

    Love that heart quilt design by Ingrid of Super Goof quilts.
    I am happy to share some of my 1930's reproduction fabrics with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little snowman is so charming and all those triangles look like a lot of work to me. I'm sure the end result will be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete